Ireland – Dingle Way – 5 Day – Self-Guided Walking Tour
The Dingle Way trail reveals some of Ireland’s most breathtaking scenery. Hiking on the Dingle Way’s lavish green pastures sweeping down from the leaden faced mountains to a wild Atlantic coastline all combine to make this land a different world.
The National Geographic Traveller has described it as “the most beautiful place on earth”.
DAY 1 ARRIVE DINGLE
We will supply your with all the travel details to get from your point of entry into Ireland to Dingle Town.
DAY 2 DINGLE TO DUNQUIN Distance: Distance: 25.3 km, Ascents: 685 m, Walking time: 7/8 hrs
The Way wonders through fuchsia hedges and climbs an old track on the foothill of Mount Eagle past early Christian beehive huts at Fahan. Behind are glimpse of Ventry Harbour and south to the Ring of Kerry and Valentia Island. Ahead the Way opens up to Slea Head and the Blasket Island.
DAY 3 DUNQUIN TO BOHERBOY VILLAGE Distance: 22 km, Ascents: 429 m, Walking time: 6/7 hrs
The route follows the Norse named Smerwick Harbour and a detour takes you to Dun an Oir, the Fort of Gold. Ballydavid is a flourishing fishing harbour and a Gaelic speaking community.
DAY 4 BOHERBOY VILLAGE TO CLOGHANE Distance: 27 km, Ascent: 750 m, Walking time: 7/8 hrs
Today’s hike takes you up to the saddle of Mas an Tiompain, below Brandon, Ireland’s second highest mountain at 950m. The setting is splendid. The walk down to Cloghane is electrifying on a clear day, and well-earned downtime is available in the village.
DAY 5 DEPART
Tour Pricing & Dates
5 Day Tour – €435 pps
Single Supplement – +€100
Dates – March to October
Difficulty – Easy to Moderate
Accommodation – B&B
- 4 nights bed and breakfast
- All accommodation is pre-booked in approved family-run guesthouses with all rooms en-suite
- Dingle Way Maps and waterproof route notes
- Details on restaurants and places of interest to visit along the way
- Luggage transfers daily from inn to inn while you walk with just a small day pack.
- All information on trains or buses needed to get to your first accommodation and back at the end of the tour
- Full back up service, should you require it, while on our tour
Additional services available
- Packed lunches
- Evening meals